vlc downloaded-where is vlc controller screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
laptop, 2.4 G, Intel Core Duo; 2 GB 667 MHz DDR SDRAM, OS X 10.5.5
i am a new convert to Mac after using PCs for over 10 years. I got the Mac for Xmas from my brother and am having a heck of a time with the switchover. I am not running parallels just plain MAC--ready to switch to parallels but that's another story....

I want to watch TV on my mac using VLC, as I am teaching in Thailand for a couple of years on a very low stipend and can't afford cable right now. I saw a video where a guy shows how to use VLC to watch TV. The first screen he uses to manipulate from is the VLC controller screen. When I downloaded VLC I just got the VLC player window nothing else. Can anyone give me simple instructions for what to do with VLC to get the controller screen? :Confused:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
He doesn't use VLC to watch TV without a TV tuner card unless he was watching TV shows he already had recorded to his computer.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
ahh, Internet TV via Shoutcast

Do it exactly like he shows it.

If you don't have the controller on screen when you open VLC, on the Menu bar go to Window and select Controller.

You may also want to check out this page.

Check out hulu.com, though I'm not sure it'll work there or not. And Vuze does have quite a collection of internet shows and some old classic shows available.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.