Battery Indicator Problem on Iphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz 24" Imac
Hi,

i bought an iphone 3G a week ago and for the last week the battery indicator has been functioning correctly. However, yesterday i was on it all day from a full charge and i noticed that i had about 5 hours of usage and the battery icon was remaining on full capacity. i then turned it off and rebooted and the indicator went down to red (20%) and came up with the low battery warning. :(

Overnight i have now done a full charge and so far have a usage indicator of 1h 5 mins and the battery is still reading full capacity. Before, it would go off the top within 30 mins of being taken off the charger..

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem and can someone help me with a possible solution?

Cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Sounds like after 5 hours the battery indicator did not refresh after you "woke it up". I would go thru a few more full charge/discharge cycles, if it acts inappropriately after that you should take it to the Apple store so they can troubleshoot it and see if the battery is a dud. If it is, they should swap it out on the spot since you're within warranty.

OP
$
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz 24" Imac
Thanks IanCT,

after another cycle it seems to be working ok now

must have just been a one-off thing hopefully.

Reaction score
Battery Indicator Issue too...

Hi,

i bought an iphone 3G a week ago and for the last week the battery indicator has been functioning correctly. However, yesterday i was on it all day from a full charge and i noticed that i had about 5 hours of usage and the battery icon was remaining on full capacity. i then turned it off and rebooted and the indicator went down to red (20%) and came up with the low battery warning. :(

Overnight i have now done a full charge and so far have a usage indicator of 1h 5 mins and the battery is still reading full capacity. Before, it would go off the top within 30 mins of being taken off the charger..

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem and can someone help me with a possible solution?

Cheers.

I just experienced the same thing. I had noticed that the battery indicator wasnt coming off its fully-charged icon all day while I used the phone. I played Missile Command for 30 minutes, usually thats a drain enough to lose one segment of the battery icon. Nope. Still "full". So I left it and went to sleep.

I woke up - battery dead.

I also bought my phone recently, end of December and no issues at all until yesterday.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Went about trying to figure out what was wrong with my phone when that happened a couple of weeks or so after purchase. Looked all over the web for an answer. You know the drill. Finally turned it off and back on, voila, problem fixed itself and has never occurred again some 8 months or so later. Have seen several others "fix" themselves by this method also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.33GHz
This actually happened to me this afternoon. I found it strange that I got over an hour and a half of useage and the thing hadn't moved. Then later all of the sudden I get the "10% battery remaining" warning.

Seems to be working fine now though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.