temperature monitor?

Reaction score
so iv got the temperature monitor for my 15" MBP, but i have no clue which parts of the computer i should be monitoring, and how hot or cold they should be. any suggestions?

here are the locations:

CPU A
Encolsure bottomside
graphics processor heatsink 1
graphics processor temperature D
Main heatsink 1
main heatsink 2
main heatsink 3
memory controller
SMART disk hitachi
Wireless module

-thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Don't monitor any of it. There is are a ridiculous amount of posts on the forum devoted to temperature issues--which are actually non-issues. Macs are designed to be able to handling running hot. If they run too hot, the Mac will notify you.

When was the last time you heard a Windows user complaining that there machine was running too hot? They don't. Why? Because they don't get a temperature gauge. It's a neat feature--but it seems to cause a lot of confusion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Don't monitor any of it. There is are a ridiculous amount of posts on the forum devoted to temperature issues--which are actually non-issues. Macs are designed to be able to handling running hot. If they run too hot, the Mac will notify you.

When was the last time you heard a Windows user complaining that there machine was running too hot? They don't. Why? Because they don't get a temperature gauge. It's a neat feature--but it seems to cause a lot of confusion.
I second this.
Don't bother monitoring any of it.
Temp monitors only seem to lead to obsessive behavior and unnecessary attention to the computer's heat levels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.