probably silly questions, first time user of mac!

Reaction score
hi guys, i have been using windows and pcs for ALL of my life and i have a new macbook that i a question about

with the icons at the bottome (oh i have the macbook that has intel 2 core duo) usually on windows when an application or something is open and you minimize it you can see it on the bottom but hen i minimize it on apple i cant find it i just have to reclick open the icon, is there anyway i can see them? (also sometimes they go to the bottom right corner, i have noooo idea why lol!)
hmm also how do you expand the page to full size not full screen where the icons leave but like to the max, is there a shortcut?
on the safari browser is there a way to always show the tab bar, even if there is only one open?

alsooo one more, this laptop is aluminum or something and i just feel it can be scatched sooo easily so i want a cover or a sleeve, can anyone suggest one that has been good for them, and is there any that i can keep on it always even when im using it?

thanks for all your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Well, the dock works differently from the taskbar in Windows. To bring focus to a particular program's window, you DO have to click the program's icon. If you minimize windows, they go off into the right side of the dock.

For some Mac programs (like Safari), you have to change the full screen size of the window yourself using the triangle thing in the bottom right of the window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::
One, of the many, things that are different about the mac is when you close an application by clicking the red ball thing it doesnt quit the program. The program is still running unlike in windows when you click the x you stop it from running

Reaction score
I have recently switched, and was confused with all the disappearing windows when I opened something new which obscured everything else (so I had to faff about minimising programs to the dock to find what I wanted)

My answer to it was to use the expose funtions - I have it set that when I move my mouse to a set corner of the screen it zooms out and gives me an overview of all my currently open windows, and I can then select which one I want to have on top.
To activate it, go to system preferences - expose & spaces, then under the expose tab, set your chosen corner to 'all windows'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.53ghz, 4gb RAM, 320gb HD, 512mb vid card.
Actually, it's even easier than that...if you have the new MBP just swipe 4 fingers down on the touchpad and it'll zoom out like that, then just move the mouse to the window you want and click and it'll focus on that window.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.