iPod Touch and Flash Player won't download

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2Powerbooks, 4 iMacs, 1 ipad, 2 iphones
Help. I am not able to download Flash Player on my iTouch 8GB. Safari says "Safari can't download this file" Any feedback would be great. Several websites request it.
Please forgive me if this is a repeat thread, I searched and found nothing applicable.
Kindly,
Tina.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Flash is not supported on the iTouch and iPhone - sorry

OP
tinaloco
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2Powerbooks, 4 iMacs, 1 ipad, 2 iphones
Oh Well....Thank You for such a quick reply.
T.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
no flash player for the ipod touch is such a huge bummer. If there was a flash app for ipod you could watch fancast.com wich has tons of free online tv shows and movies.

I have a mobil version of flash on my blackberry phone but its also to "old" to run fancast.

Reaction score
I know Flash isn't supported on the iTouch and iPhone ... but two 3rd party solutions, iTransmogrify and LiveBuster are supposed to work on sites that have embedded YouTube videos on them. I cannot get them to work ... altho, my new iTouch 2nd gen w/ 3.0 upgrade does have a YouTube app that plays all youTube videos without a problem.

My question really has to do with sites that use Flash to animate simple actions, such as a thumbnail gallery for art sites. My own art website uses simple Flash to display thumbnails of my work. When you roll over a thumb, a larger image appears below. Needless to say, my iTouch doesn't work with my site ... it tells me I need the Adobe Flash Player which we all know, doesn't exist. And neither of the two solutions I mentioned above work.

I really don't want to redo my site simply because iPhones and iTouches cannot display Flash. There are thousands of sites that use Flash as I have. Has anyone heard of any other workarounds or are we destined to have broken sites? Thanks.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I haven't heard of any workarounds but you wouldn't want Flash on such an underpowered device. Flash is a resource hog and as such, the iPhone/iTouch would struggle to keep up.

For instance, I recently saw a video of a phone (I want to say Palm Pre but I think that's wrong) with Flash and it was horrible. Absolutely horrible. The video was ridiculously choppy. Most phones don't have the power to run Flash in any capacity that would make it useful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.