How to get rid of demo

I

ibmac'n

Can somebody please tell me how to empty the trash with Snapz Pro demo in it?
When I try to empty, it says emptying, and the progress bar is running, but I get this message also: "this operation cannot be completed because this item Snapz Pro X.rsrc" is in use. It just keeps on running.
I want to get rid of this because the reminder to register pop up is driving me crazy! I'll buy it when I'm good and ready-thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
onyx

ibmac'n said:
Can somebody please tell me how to empty the trash with Snapz Pro demo in it?
When I try to empty, it says emptying, and the progress bar is running, but I get this message also: "this operation cannot be completed because this item Snapz Pro X.rsrc" is in use. It just keeps on running.
I want to get rid of this because the reminder to register pop up is driving me crazy! I'll buy it when I'm good and ready-thank you.

hi

download onyx from version tracker run it to do a secure
empty trash

regards

OP
M

meltbanana314

brendan67 said:
hi

download onyx from version tracker run it to do a secure
empty trash

regards

Its not about how secure it is, its about getting the program to stop running the background.

(1) Launch Activity Monitor (Panther) or Process Viewer (Jaguar), either via its alias in your First Aid folder, or by double-clicking its icon in the Computer > Mac OS X > Applications > Utilities folder.

2. Find the program's process and select it

3 Press the Command-Option-Q keyboard combination or use one of these other application-specific methods to terminate the selected process:

• Panther: Select Process > Quit or select the Quit Process icon in the toolbar.

• Jaguar: Select Process Viewer > Processes > Quit Process.

That should get it to stop running. Then, trash it and repair permissions. Twice, if I were you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
snapz runs in the background, so just open activity monitor located in utilities in applications, and find in the list of activities anything with snapz in t, select any, and click end process>quit. then try emptying the trash. to be sure, do a search for snapz and delete anything that comes up.

OP
I

ibmac'n

Hey Thanks!
Opened up activity monitor, had to navigate a bit to find where Snapz Pro was lurking, quit the process, was then able to empty the trash.
Appreciate the help and suggestions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.