lost application - Address book.app

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz intel core 2 duo, Mac OS X running 10.5.8
I am running mac desktop 2.4GHz Mac OS X 10.5.5
For some reason when i came to my pc the address book was showing a question mark and would not let me into it. I removed from the dock but was unable to find the application. I can bring up the address panel but i am unable to edit or add new addresses. I have tried numerous methods but did not work, any suggestions

Question: Is there any way to recover this application !

regards

ideliver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Address book should be in Hard Disk > Applications

It should come as part of the 10.5.5 update, the standalone installer can be downloaded here

About the Mac OS X 10.5.5 Update

A program called Pacifist will let you inspect the downloaded installer and extract the address book app

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz intel core 2 duo, Mac OS X running 10.5.8
Thanks for your info Louishen,
I downloaded the update and it shows the address book icon in the application folder however it does not work, when i click it bounces and stops. If you have any ideas on this please can you let me know

regards

ideliver

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing... Final cut has gone... It literally went "poof" out of my dock when I attempted to drag it from the dock back into the applications folder when trying to fix the "shadowed" ? mark over the top of the icon.

It isn't in the HD > Applications folder either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.