USB Charger

Reaction score
Please forgive a newbie, but I'm just trying to help my son out with his 2G Ipod Touch. I have a Belkin USB wall charger left over from use charging my HP IPaq and I wonder if it will work for the Apple? It was useful charging a Sansa E200 unit. The USB brick says that the output is 5.5VDC at 1A. Does that sound like it is in the range? Also, I have a similar device for the car that I wonder about. Both of these USB devices were used to charge Moto cellphones as well. Any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Thanks for asking this question.

I was just about to ask it. Exact same circumstances.

Hope someone can answer this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
I'm not too sure. They should work, but the problem with the 2G iPod Touches is not many charging stations or docks work with charging them. I got my dad an 8GB 2G iPod Touch for xmas and it won't charge in any of the 3 docks we have, he's having to use a USB-wall charger used to charge his SatNav.

If it doesn't work though, it probably won't be the charger's fault, the 2G iPod Touches are just really stupid with a lot of charge docks. (Lucky I have a 1G :D)

OP
G
Reaction score
The USB charger that I am trying to use is for my HP IPaq Pocket PC. It outputs 5.5vdc at 1amp. I tried it, but the Ipod Touch didn't seem to recognize it. Sometimes these devices require special in-line ICs in the chargers. My Moto cell is picky that way (only the Moto charger will work).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13.3" 2.4Ghz
just get an apple usb power adapter for 30 bucks, that way you wont have to worry aabout compatibility

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook G4 1.42ghz 1gb ram Mac os x 10.5.6
i got this good chrger form walmart about a year ago for 14 bucks =D its has usb and firewire its called musicpower im not sure if they still sell it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.