Looking at a way to protect my new MacBook

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm excited to join this forums and I am looking forward to being both a contributor and benefactor from them!

However, I do have a question that I need to ask right off the bat, so I hope someone will be able to help me.

I just received a MacBook (the new models, 13") for Christmas. Now, as I want this computer to last a very long time and remain in good condition for all of it (or a s much as I can!), I want to get a really good protector. This consideration didn't take long, as I already possess a protective film for both my iPod Touch and my PSP, and have had nothing but good experiences with it. The protector I refer to is this one: Here(link goes to the MacBook version of the covering).

So, my question to you is this: will this film (which also covers the bottom) cause the laptop to heat up more than it should? As it covers to the bottom, this potential might be a concern, though I am sure it doesn't cover any of the vents. What is your take on this?

Hopefully someone who has one can comment!

Thanks for your time!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
Hey there and Welcome to Mac-Forums. It will not cover any fans or vents because they are located in between the LCD and the Aluminum unibody itself.
The Protecting film will just miss that. I personally dont use anything like that. But I do use a keyboard Film covering that protects my laptop nicely. Its nice because it eliminates the Chances of Liquids(If Spilled) being able to make it down into the logic board and to short it out. Also I have a InCase Neoprene sleeve that I put it in after every use. Have had the Alum. MacBook since day of release and never had a problem since and still feel safe.
Hope that I helped!

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes thank you!

I'm going to get the zagg shield and hopefully keep all chance of scratches off, and now I'm going to also get a nice keyboard film to protect against spills and such.

Do you have any recommendations?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.