Screen brightness dulls after sitting a few seconds.....settings to change this?

Reaction score
My screen dulls after sitting for a few seconds. I want to change the setting on this to stay bright longer when just idling. Don't know where to go to do this. Thanks in advanced.

Eric

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Sounds like a ambient light sensor is lowering the brightness because the room is dark though. My iPhone does that. What device are you using that's doing it?

If its a MacBook Pro or similar, open up system preferences then click on displays. Uncheck the "Automatically adjust brightness as ambient light changes" option and that should be you.

If its a iPhone/iPod Touch, open settings, touch brightness and then turn off Auto-Brightness and set the brightness via the slider.

HTH

OP
H
Reaction score
It just dims until I touch the track pad again. Thanks Marty. I will try that.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Open System Preferences, Energy Saver and click on the Options Tab. Be sure there is no check mark by "Automatically reduce the brightness of the display before Sleep."

Picture 1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.