USB Speakers not Recognized

Reaction score
I recently received the JBL Radial Speaker Dock, which includes a USB cord so it can be used as speakers for a computer. I was planning on utilizating that for a while as my ipod has gone missing - but when I plug them in (the speakers have power going to them and are on), nothing happens. I've checked the sound panel in system prefs, but they do not show up in the list of output devices, the built in speakers are the only thing listed there. Restarting didn't help either.

I'm using the 3.5mm line out cord currently, but it leaves much to be desired as it's rather short. Any suggestions on how to get them to be recognized by the computer? It's a late 2007 macbook, if that plays any part.

Reaction score
You necessary drivers for this speakers these no to be recognize by OS X. try to go jbl's site of internet and download driver it would be work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.