MacBook start-up peculiarity

Reaction score
I've posted about this macbook before, but didn't get many responses. My issue is this: This computer was the victim of a spill, but I managed to get the thing back up and running. Only problem remaining is that now my MacBook only turns on when I initially plug the magsafe in. The power button doesn't work at all. Neither do the keyboard or the track pad. With a usb keyboard and mouse the computer functions perfectly. Battery charges, computer runs well on just battery power. When I power down the computer I can't get it back on unless I remove the power supply and then reconnect it.

Anyone know what the source of this problem could be?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Whenever a notebook computer is the victim of a spill it usually results in expensive repairs. The reason you didn't get many responses is simple: It could be many things... logic board, main board, etc. The only advice I can give you is to take it in to Apple or another authorized Apple repair service center and have them look at it. They'll give you an estimate of how much it would cost to repair the machine.

It may not be economical to repair and might be better to just purchase a new or refurbished machine instead. You can always try to sell your machine "as is" and suffer the loss.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Whenever a notebook computer is the victim of a spill it usually results in expensive repairs. The reason you didn't get many responses is simple: It could be many things... logic board, main board, etc. The only advice I can give you is to take it in to Apple or another authorized Apple repair service center and have them look at it. They'll give you an estimate of how much it would cost to repair the machine.

It may not be economical to repair and might be better to just purchase a new or refurbished machine instead. You can always try to sell your machine "as is" and suffer the loss.

Regards.

Sadly many, many spills are FATAL!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.