iMac 8.6 and DSL internet

Reaction score
I am trying to get a purple iMac set up on the internet for the grand daughter,
8.6 OS, have tried everything I know, seems the Linksys router is not seen. Have been reading many Google post on this to no avail. Can this be done?

Reaction score
Try This: When using a hardware router with only two ports, connect the cable or DSL modem to the Wide Area Network (WAN) port on the router, and connect the router Local Area Network (LAN) port to a network hub or switch. Then connect all wired computers and the Base Station to the hub or switch.

When using a router with a built-in hub, connect the cable or DSL modem to the WAN port on the router. Then connect all wired computers and the Base Station to the hub on the router. When more ports are needed, the router's hub can be connected via a crossover cable or uplink port to a network hub or switch.

OP
L
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the router is correct. The G5 has no problem, nor a PC which are connected, the iMac does not recognize the router. Thanks for your reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are you trying to use wireless or ethernet

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.