MAC Mini screen resolution changes after login?

Reaction score
My mini is connected to my Panasonic plasma via DVI-> VGA adapter - I had previously set the display resolution to 1360x768.

It boots up OK - I login and then after entering password the display disappears ! :Shouting:

I *assume* the resolution is changing and then the TV can not sync etc.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The easiest way to reset the resolution correctly is to borrow another monitor and temporarily hook it up to the mini. Set generic display preferences on the borrowed monitor and then shut down. Attach the Panasonic and see what happens. You can always readjust the display preferences once the Panasonic is working.

If that doesn't seem to work, it may be that the Panasonic is not being detected correctly. It's possible your mini's graphic signal is over scanning which would shut the Panasonic down to prevent damage.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.