Got wife new IMac24 for Xmas

Reaction score
My wife is a professional photographer and her old pc was very outdated. We agreed it was time to make the switch to the big leagues so she got an IMac 24 for christmas. Is there any problem ordering an update to CS4 from pc CS3 and getting the Mac format?

Anyone know?

Glad I found the forum cuz I am a great pc guy but know nothing about macs...but guess with ya'lls help will learn!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You can cross grade the PC version to the Mac version of CS3, then get an upgrade to CS4 as normal, just contact Adobe

Adobe will allow you to perform a cross-grade, or cross-platform upgrade, of your Adobe product, assuming it meets the upgrade qualifications and provided you send them a signed Letter of Software Destruction. The Letter of Destruction states that you agree to delete all copies of the product you are exchanging and also that you will not "sell, transfer, give away, donate, or otherwise distribute the exchanged Adobe product or copies to anyone else."

You will still need to pay the upgrade cost, and you will need to conduct the purchase via telephone by calling Adobe Sales at 1-800-833-6687 (see Adobe.com for international numbers). The Letter of Software Destruction may be faxed, e-mailed, or snail-mailed to Adobe.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Let me see if I understand. I have to download the upgrade from cs3 to cs4 for pc. Then I have to call adobe and tell them I need to convert this cs4 upgrade to a mac format. They will send me a full version for mac after my signed agreedment is received? Is there a charge?

I just thought I could do an upgrade and put mac format in.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
no just give them a call, they will transfer your CS3 PC over to the mac version and arrange the upgrade to CS4 mac as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Good luck kbtarl!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.