I switched. I have Questions. And concerns :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4ghz MacBook Aluminum/ 16GB IPod Touch :D
Hey guys proud new owner of a new 2.4ghz Macbook today. So far I have been really pleased with the computer and the OS with it being the first time I have used it for personal use. But I have Comments questions and concerns.
Lets start happy!

Pros:
The computer is sexy

Everything is sort of just handed to you in this OS. Really there is no thinking involved. I love it.

I love the web cam and I am really enjoying all the software that came with the computer.

Aluminum looks nice and feels nice.

Track Pad is great.

Overall great experience.

Cons:
The loading drive sounds like they are bolting a new set of tires onto my DVD when I insert it.

Still unfamilair to the OS but will get used to it over time. (I am learning cool little things every few minutes of using the computer).

Concerns:
My first concern was the loading drive but I guess its normal so I can cope with that. I don't use discs much any ways.

Second concern was I downloaded Boxee and was using it and all the sudden it lost a network connection I believe because it was stuck on the loading screen. So I press Command Q and nothing happened. After waiting 5 minutes I ended up having to force shut down my computer. As I turn it back on it froze at the apple screen while the pen wheel was spinning. Once again let it sit for 5 minutes and had to shut it down manually again. Tried a 3rd time and didn't even get the pen wheel, just froze on the apple screen. After shutting it down the third time I removed the battery and waited 5 minutes and placed it back in the laptop and it booted up fine.

Should I look into this? Is this common? Any feedback on this would ease my mind, and would be greatly appreciated.

But overall I would have to say by having this computer for one day it is an amazing machine. I really like a lot of things about it. It will only get better as I learn the OS. (I do 3D graphics design on Mac at school but have never used one for personal use).

Ps: Here is my setup that I got for my Macbook. Let me know what you think!

Reaction score
Well, the drive is fine, so don't worry about it. It kinda sounds like that for all of us.

The next time you get an application that is stuck, don't jump to force shut down straight away. Try to force quit the application by pressing COMMAND + ALT + ESC. Pick the application and force quite from there. I don't like to force shut down my Mac, I'm pretty sure it has some adverse effects in the long run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
What kind of monitor do you have there?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2ghz/2GB/250gb/SD - White Macbook 2.16ghz/2.5GB/250GB/SD
You have to remember that Boxee is still in beta, and with beta, there can be problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I would compare the sound of your DVD insert to one in the store. I had a drive that soundly ugly upon insert & eject and Apple replaced it for me. I was in the store for another issue regarding my MBP.

You should have first tried force quitting just the Boxee application. While in the Finder, go to the help menu and type in, force quit, for more information.

Your computer may not have frozen during the reboot. When you force quit the OS, you likely left things in an unstable state. The OS will try to fix those things upon reboot and that may take a while. Unfortunately the feedback can suck.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Monitor is a HP w2207H. Its great I like it.

I will try to force shutdown next time. Thanks for the input guys.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Monitor is a HP w2207H. Its great I like it.

I will try to force shutdown next time. Thanks for the input guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.