• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie HD won't import

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Is iMovie giving any error message?

Run the Console application found in the Utilities folder and then try an import, then look back at the logs in the Console. Do you see any messages from iMovie in those logs?

Perhaps the old (now) 'fix permissions' will help.

OP
M
Reaction score
this is what it says:

GraphicsImportGetColorSyncProfile was called for an image that has a ColorSync profile, but the base graphics importer will perform ColorSync matching, so a generic profile is being returned to avoid incorrect matching. To opt out of automatic ColorSync matching and access actual embedded profiles, set the kGraphicsImporterDontUseColorMatching flag.

I have NO idea what that means :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Details matter when people are trying to analyze problems. You are better off being more verbose and accurately descriptive rather than minimizing your words. Remember that any person trying to respond to your query can't see what is happening and play with your system. Any way...

That error and the setting of that flag is a responsibility of the iMovie programmers. You can't change that flag. I'm assuming that message appeared in iMovie since you didn't say what it was. I'm also assuming you were trying to import an image at the time. I don't like assuming.

Did you try my suggestions? If not, don't bother responding until you can describe the result or say why you haven't tried them. Not knowing how is an acceptable answer.

When you do respond, also mention what version of OS X, iMovie HD, and QuickTime are you using? Sometimes that can help people help you. What are the image types (jpeg, png, bmp) and video types you are trying to import?

OP
M
Reaction score
"It" refers to the Console that you told me to go to when I was trying to figure out the issues of my iMovie HD.

I have Tiger, and I'm using iMovie HD 6.0.3. I can not upload ANY type of file (jpeg, gif, bmp, mov). What happens is that whenever I try to upload a file, the red line that usually goes under that image or file should light up down the line. However, I just have an un-lit red light underneath the file. This means that if I were trying to save the document/file, it won't save NOR does it transfer to Quicktime.

I don't believe my Quicktime settings are affecting my iMovie.

So yes, I have tried your suggestions and I did respond to it...also assuming that you understood that I was answering to your previous comment. I only copy-pasted from what the Console message said, which you recommended me to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You do have a puzzle. The only mention I could find on this is in Russian. Here is the translated page. It seems to talk about bringing software up to date. Perhaps most of yours is. If I understand it right, it suggests the import is occurring, but rendering feedback isn't. But you suggest you can't export while I think that person could.

iMovie HD is now at 6.0.4 and can be fetched from Apple.

Other things I would try after trying the fix permissions via Disk Utility and bringing all the software up to date; remove the com.apple.iMovie.plist file from your Library/Preferences folder, uninstall iMovie and install the new version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.