iBook G4 and external gaming LCD

H

houseofluv

I am looking at buying a new iBook G4 with the 32 MB Radeon 9200 graphics. I am currently using a Gateway (ugh) laptop with Radeon 7500 graphics, and am not so impressed... I want to connect the iBook G4 to an NEC 17" LCD with 1280x1024 resolution using the screen spanning hack. Does anybody have any suggestions as to the performance of this setup? Thanks so much.

OP
M

meltbanana314

houseofluv said:
I am looking at buying a new iBook G4 with the 32 MB Radeon 9200 graphics. I am currently using a Gateway (ugh) laptop with Radeon 7500 graphics, and am not so impressed... I want to connect the iBook G4 to an NEC 17" LCD with 1280x1024 resolution using the screen spanning hack. Does anybody have any suggestions as to the performance of this setup? Thanks so much.

Here is my referral link. To help me get my Mini Mac, click this exact link to join, or copy and paste it into a browser:
http://www.FreeMiniMacs.com/?r=14631245
Please help me out with this.

You'll need to buy a VGA-DVI adapter. the iBook only has a VGA port.

http://www.drbott.com/prod/db.lasso?QuickSearch=vgator

Also, the forum mods probably won't appreciate the "free mini mac" link. they regularly delete "free iPod" posts in the forums and they'd probably do the same for any other products. i'd remove it if i were you.

OP
H

HuMpS 97 DoHc

you don't need the adaptor you can just hook it up using a vga connection. I have a 19" nec lcd hooked up like that. It works great but I don't do any gaming so i don't know about that.

OP
M

meltbanana314

HuMpS 97 DoHc said:
you don't need the adaptor you can just hook it up using a vga connection. I have a 19" nec lcd hooked up like that. It works great but I don't do any gaming so i don't know about that.

Not if the LCD can only be driven by DVI. He failed to mention whether it worked with VGA or not, but since its a new-ish LCD display most people (including me) would assume its DVI only.

OP
H

HuMpS 97 DoHc

well most of the new lcd's have both vga and dvi. I just bought mine about 2 weeks ago so I know whats out there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.