iPhone POP Account Set-up Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I have a new 3G iPhone and have a work email account set up. I have also set up an account for my yahoo mail and both work great. I'm trying to set up my home email account on the iPhone and am having problems. When configuring , I'm using the password I use to access this service. This sis a POP3 account. I'm setting up as a POP account for incoming: pop.myprovideronline.net For outgoing: smtp.myprovideronline.net
In the address field I'm entering my email address for this account.

After setting everything up I get the error: Cannot connect using SSL

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Do you have the same account set up in Mail? If so, simply check the option in iTunes to sync that e-mail account to the iPhone. It will sync all of the server, port and password info with it.

OP
Doug in Alaska
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Yes, I have the same account in Mail but I have to sync with Microsoft Exchange at work. I'm trying to add it as another account on the iPhone since syncing with my Mac here at home would be a bad idea. I'd like to be able to access it on the iPhone.
Thanks for the reply! Any other ideas?

OP
Doug in Alaska
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Alright, operator error! I tried to set up my gmail account and had the same problems and the same errors. I turned on Wi-Fi and was able to set up the gmail account. I then set up my home email account and all went well. It finally dawned on me, my signal strength was too low. Wow, a day and a half of frustration for such a simple problem, go figure!!!! Hope this helps someone else!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
I have a new 3G iPhone and have a work email account set up. I have also set up an account for my yahoo mail and both work great. I'm trying to set up my home email account on the iPhone and am having problems. When configuring , I'm using the password I use to access this service. This sis a POP3 account. I'm setting up as a POP account for incoming: pop.myprovideronline.net For outgoing: smtp.myprovideronline.net
In the address field I'm entering my email address for this account.

After setting everything up I get the error: Cannot connect using SSL

Any ideas?
Did you try turning off SSL?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.