itunes not recognizing new ipod touch!

Reaction score
Whilst the floods of Christmas queries flood in, and new users are bewildered with their gifts I thought I should slip my question in...

I have literally torn into my new iPod touch, and full of excitement connecting to my macbook immediately! I was greeted by the cable and arrow pointing to the itunes icon screen on the touch... so I opened up iTunes but nothing else happened.

I am not sure if it recognized that I had plugged it in, so removed it, shut down and did it all over again for it to the same all over.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
try using software update to update iTunes first

OP
prettyinpunk
Reaction score
what a kerfuffle! i managed to get the touch sync'ed to my parents mac, but i continue to have no luck with my macbook *sigh*. ive installed all the updates (being only safari to download), and i just want to put my music on the shiny black thing, but won't allow me :(

OP
prettyinpunk
Reaction score
After a rush of energy from a round of sprouts, I did a manic search across the net and this seems to be a common problem.

Anyway, for those interested, and for future reference I managed to pull together a li'l process that seems to have sorted the problem out :)

1. Uninstall iTunes, and reinstall the newest version from the Apple site.
2. Hard reset your ipod touch, by holding down the menu and power button together for approx. 10secs.
3. Enjoy the syncing goodness!

I'm off to put Shaking Stevens onto my touch now! Season greetings peeps!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Shakin Stevens!!!!!

Anyhow, thanks for posting the solution

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.