How to connect printer to iBook..

I

iDVFH.

I have an HP Printer (about 4 years old) the installation CD doesnt have Mac OSX listed on it but when I used the printer for my HP computer it didn't list Windoze XP either. So I figured it would work..it says I have to switch to Classic and when I click into classic nothings comes up..don't know what to do /=

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Have you tried simply plugging the printer in to your iBook? OS X may already have a driver installed for it.

OP
P

Pizza God

meltbanana314 said:
You have an HP printer that lasts longer than 1 year!?

Miracle. :)

Yeah-I thought we were supposed to replace them when they ran out of ink. That's what we do with the cheap Lexmarks....

OP
I

iDVFH.

yeah my printer still works great..and i printed alot of stuff on it through the years..

OP
M

metsfan489

meltbanana314 said:
You have an HP printer that lasts longer than 1 year!?

Miracle. :)

I Am Also Surprised. Out of all the HP printers I have, only one has lasted and that is the Laserjet6P. All my others were trashed after a few months of use. Including one that used its cartridge holder as a battering ram so it could break a whole in the case ;) .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
metsfan489 said:
I Am Also Surprised. Out of all the HP printers I have, only one has lasted and that is the Laserjet6P. All my others were trashed after a few months of use. Including one that used its cartridge holder as a battering ram so it could break a whole in the case ;) .
Mine has started doing that as well, this is the 3rd hp printer I've had (1 old model from parents office, 1 off a friend and 1 I bought myself fro €40,-) and probably the last...

OP
C

code777

inkjets are kinda junky now a days. I have owned two Lexmarks and one HP and finally had it and bought a Brother Laserprinter that works like a charm. No more cheap junk inkjets! I spent more money to keep those things working that I could have bought an entry level color laser printer! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.