A few questions...

T

telemore

Hi all, I'm planning on ordering a stock 12" iBook in a few weeks, and I had a few questions.
1)How big of an external hd can osx handle? Like, if I bought a 300gb firewire drive, could i use all 300gb?
2)How easy is it to add more RAM? Do you think a newb with basic understanding could do it?
Thanks for the help.

OP
M

maislin88

Im not sure about the hdd. I use a 80gb external one though. The ram is really easy. my brother just put a 512 ram stick in today. you take off the keyboard, really easy because theres these little clips, take out the airport card, another really easy process, and theres the empty ram slot.

OP
J

jbsengineer

telemore said:
Hi all, I'm planning on ordering a stock 12" iBook in a few weeks, and I had a few questions.
1)How big of an external hd can osx handle? Like, if I bought a 300gb firewire drive, could i use all 300gb?
2)How easy is it to add more RAM? Do you think a newb with basic understanding could do it?
Thanks for the help.

OSX wont have a problem reading a 300gb drive...

and adding ram to the powerbook is a sinch. you can take a look here http://www.pbfixit.com/Guide/50.4.0.html to get an idea. you really should have no problem with it at all, :)

josh

OP
T

telemore

Sorry for the double post, but one more quick question. Can I get the apple protection some time after i put in my order, or do I have to buy it right then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You can get it any time during your original warranty, i.e. you have a year to scrape up the cash to get it...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.