Tracking and Highlighting

Reaction score
I have had this MBP for about 5 months and have not had any issues until now. Regarding software and system performance, my MBP has just recently been having trouble highlighting the dock, and the menus. I click on "file" on the menu, for example, and it shows me the menu, but when I drag my pointer down the list, it does not highlight the options. It also will not move to another menu, like "edit", once i have clicked on one of the other menus.

The problem is consistent with the dock as well. When I am tracking over the dock, it only recognizes the first program that the mouse lies on, then it does not magnify the other programs when i track around.

I restarted my computer and it started working again, but after a couple of minutes the problem persists.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem before I send it into APPLE CARE? is there a system clean up or something like that?

thanks

jrmartin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
There are several things you could try. First go to Disk Utility, which can be found at /Applications/Utilities, click on your disk and click Repair Permissions. Also you could try a maintenance app such as Onyx, which is available for free here. I don't have any experience with this specific problem, so maybe someone else can give you some more exact advice.

Reaction score
Try typing into terminal "killall Dock" and hit enter then "killall Finder" enter. This should reset both. Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.