upgrading Intel iMac to 2+ GHz?

Reaction score
Hey
I have an Intel iMac 2GHz Intel core 2 duo processor, basically my thing is i like sped when comes to my macs. I bought the base iMac model cuz of the budget i had but now i want to upgrade the processor to a much bigger GHz. i guess the question is, what kind of processor can i go to (biggest?) and where can i by one?

and any other ways to make my comp faster? i only have 1 gb 667 mHz ram right now, and just ordered 2 2 2GB SODIMMs so ill have 4 gbs of ram.

thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Hey
I have an Intel iMac 2GHz Intel core 2 duo processor, basically my thing is i like sped when comes to my macs. I bought the base iMac model cuz of the budget i had but now i want to upgrade the processor to a much bigger GHz. i guess the question is, what kind of processor can i go to (biggest?) and where can i by one?

and any other ways to make my comp faster? i only have 1 gb 667 mHz ram right now, and just ordered 2 2 2GB SODIMMs so ill have 4 gbs of ram.

thank you!

The ram will help. I thought the iMac only went to 2GB. 4 will be great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.