Hotmail

Reaction score
Hi
I have a imac please could some one tell how I cant attach a photo in hotmail & send !! When I was using XP when I wanted to send a photo it had attach file /photo but now when I use hotmail with the mac there is no ( photo ) only attach file.
Thank you for your time I cant explain it any better so sorry for my grammer.

Merry Xmas to all
Steve

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
note: moved to hopefully to a better forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
Hi
I have a imac please could some one tell how I cant attach a photo in hotmail & send !! When I was using XP when I wanted to send a photo it had attach file /photo but now when I use hotmail with the mac there is no ( photo ) only attach file.
Thank you for your time I cant explain it any better so sorry for my grammer.

Merry Xmas to all
Steve

Umm not sure what you mean but you can attach photos by clicking on the "attach" link left of "spell check" and if you have your photos organized with iPhoto it's even easier.. when you click on attach a pop up window will come up and all your photos will be there under media.. Not sure if that's what you're looking for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
attaching photos

If you use "Mail", all you do is drag photo to the mail icon and it will be attached. Good Luck Van

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you use "Mail", all you do is drag photo to the mail icon and it will be attached. Good Luck Van

You can't use Mail with Hotmail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
Just a quick tip, if you're trying to send a file, make sure that it is also compatible with PCs, like a Pages document won't work.

Thats atleast my experience.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hotmail with imac

Hi to all & many thanks for your comments what I mean in windows hotmail when you want to attach file /photo there is a link that says file or photo when I had windows you could click on to the attach photo link & you could click more then one & then send them in a batch if you know what I mean.

Many thanks for your time & sending a reply

Happy new year to all if that is possible

Steve

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And I stand corrected on using hotmail with Mail.

Daniel has once again gotten his httpmail app working with Leopard. Am currently using it with 10.5.6.

This typically will not work with the newer "free" hotmail accounts of the last couple of years. But, if you have one of the older accounts that MS more or less grandfathered you may have success with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
Steve, if I understand you correctly you mean that in Hotmail you can only attach a picture 'as a file' and the recipient has to open/view that file to see the picture whereas in other systems you can attach a picture 'which then appears as a picture in the message itself'. If so that's right that what happens.

Conversely, in Mail when you attach a picture it appears as a picture in the message itself (which then can rarely be seen by Windows recipients it seems - at least for the ones I send!) and you cannot attach it 'as a file'. When using Mail I find myself having to Zip my pictures so that I can attach the zip file as an attachment, whereas when I use Hotmail I can send multiple pictures as attachments without having to zip them - but I can only select them individually not as a batch.

Has that helped or just confused???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.