Replacing rubber "bumper" aside HD

Reaction score
My mental retardation manifests itself in strange, unpredictable ways (I'm joking... sort of). This time, I seem to have removed one of the black rubber shock-absorbing "bumpers" that are placed on each side of the hard drive to absorb shock upon impact, jolting or shaking of the macbook. This has resulted in my macbook spontaneously freezing or restarting if I say, close it while it's on and put it in my backpack as I move from one place to another in the library, and even sometimes when I inadvertantly nudge it while I am surfing the net in bed with my macbook on my lap.

The bottom line is that I need to either purchase one of these bumpers to replace the one I am missing, or I need to fashion a quality version of my own (not sure how I'd do that, but I imagine it's possible).

Does anybody know either 1) a place that I can purchase one of these bumpers from or 2) a reliable, proven method for fashioning my own bumper?

Thank you so much ahead of time.

-Tim

BTW, I have a Macbook Core Duo 2.0GHz (v1)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If there's still one remaining shock absorber, look at it to get an idea of what it would take to fashion one yourself. Either that or drop in to your local Apple store and cry on the shoulder of one of the Genius' and ask him\her if they have any spare hard drive shock absorbers laying around they could give you.

Being so close to Xmas, maybe they'll be nice to you. :D

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.