Can't find startup disk when installing OSX

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm new to this forum and am searching for some advice regarding my Ibook
(G4).

Here's my problem:

I'm trying to install osx but when I get to the 'select destination' part of the installation no hard drive image is appearing for me to select???

So,... I opened up disk utility and there is a hard drive image, but when selected there is no option for verifying disk or permissions???

If I try to change the start up disk I am only given the option of of the osx installation cd or a network startup.

I'm really stuck and don't know how to get the hard drive image to appear so I can get osx installed.

Any help would be very much appreciated.:)

p.s I have just installed a new hard drive to try and fix the problem but it hasn't helped.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
are you using they restore disk that came with that iBook

OP
N
Reaction score
Hello again,

Just noticed when the computer is started without the osx install cd it just flashes with a '?' and then the 'mac face'...

No, i'm just using the osx install cd.

OP
N
Reaction score
Have just run the software and hardware test that came with the computer and no problems were found... Don't know if this helps with any trouble shooting???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.