.6 Mail host lost some emails? Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
last night i was looking at my work email (pop3) and everything was fine. when i opened my macbook at work just now i am missing Dec.18 through yesterday's emails?

what can i do to get these back since i did not delete them?

i have mail set up to pull from server on this account.

on a side note i also lost all my other emails from another imap account i have yesterday that were also there the day before but i just didnt loose a few on this one i lost them all.

need these emails right away :( thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I would use imap, as pop3 leaves the messages on the server. You may want to run repair disk and fix permissions, but the reality is that the messages are probably gone for good.

While viruses are uncommon on the Mac, you may wish to download the free clamXav program to scan.

One other option might be time machine.

OP
fletch33
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
thanks for your reply.

i hit "Rebuild" in mail for that account and they came back :)

i wish i could use imap but for now we are still stuck with pop3 for this particular account. we host several other sites on this server and it is old and it would require us moving the entire box to imap and then changing the other sites that are on it and we just haven't had the time to do that unfortunately.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Maybe leave the messages on the server as well as download?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.