MSN Messenger Sounds

Reaction score
I used to be able to change the audio wavs sounds on my MSN messenger on my pc but can't seem to figure it out on my Mac. Is it possible? If so please spell it out slowly for this Mac newbie. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Do you mean actually change the sound you hear or turn sounds off and on?

OP
B
Reaction score
Do you mean actually change the sound you hear or turn sounds off and on?

Like change the sounds when you get mail or when someone signs in. I'm mostly concerned with the sound to notify you when you get mail. I want to change it to anything I want like any sound I find on the web.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
You can change the sound of alerts but you can't add your own sounds you have to choose from the ones that they give you

Well actually I was messing around with Messenger and I found a way to get custom sounds without messenger realizing you have custom sounds but the format has to be .aif to work

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.