Keep mcbp from sleeping on lid close

Reaction score
I have searched everywhere and cannot find a solution

I have a wired mouse, keyboard, display, and am plugged into AC power.

When I close the lid of my MBP, nothing will wake it up. The display turns off. Pushing keys and moving the mouse does nothing.

This is very frustrating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 2.93Ghz i7 iMac 16GB, 15" 2.66 Ghz i7 MBP 8GB, 2.13Ghz MBA 4GB, iPhone4 32GB, iPad3G 32GB
I would advise against running your mbp with the lid closed. It gets hotter, higher chance for failure of something.

IMO keep the lid open, mirror the display so your attached display is the same, and dim the brightness on your laptop LCD to 0.

Reaction score
if you do run it in clamshell mode, i think you can unplug a usb device and then plug it back in to wake it up.

Reaction score
I would advise against running your mbp with the lid closed. It gets hotter, higher chance for failure of something.

IMO keep the lid open, mirror the display so your attached display is the same, and dim the brightness on your laptop LCD to 0.

It was designed to be able to run with the lid closed when connected to a cinema display. Running it with the lid closed should be fine

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.