• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

How to burn .vob to DVD

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've recently decided to start burning copies of some of my DVDs, therefore my question is very n00b-ish. I downloaded mactheripper, then I ripped a DVD which extracted the contents to two folders: 1) video_ts and 2) audio_ts (or something like that). The video folder is filled with .vob, .ifo, and .bup files, whereas the audio folder is empty. So, I think I know where I stand right now in that I've extracted all the files from my DVD onto my computer. However, I don't know where to go from here. What application(s) should I download in order to burn the files onto a blank DVD? Also, if you could give a very quick, even if not very detailed, run through of what I'll need to do (just so I have an idea of how to go about it), I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if I'm leaving out any vital information, please let me know. For what its worth, my computer runs on the OSX10.4.

Thanks for reading!

OP
D
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've also got handbrake but can't figure out how to work it, let alone know if its optimal, or at the very least sufficient, for burning the aforementioned files to DVD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.