My internet became extremely SLOW on my MacBook Pro

Reaction score
I have a problem w/ my MacBookPro for 2 days: internet became very slow all of a sudden, it takes 5-7 min to open a page in Safari or FireFox, sometimes it says "Failed to open". I tried everything: repair permissions, reset location, clear cache, checked the free space on HD (18,9 GB out of 141 GB). My hubby uses the same internet connection and his Toshiba computer is fast as usually!!! I Even called apple support (they helped to reset location) it seemd working for half an hour, and now i am back w/ slow internet...I am trying to use a program, called "Second Life", and I can't log in..It crashes all the time, it loges me out...i suppose due to the slow internet...though my airport shows full 5 bars...I tried to search the internet and saw that there are MANY people have the same problem, their internet became slow all of a sudden! Looks like for NO REASON!!! But no real answer to fix it could be found! I downloaded the hardware update from Apple earlier that day (maybe it caused a problem) and at the time the "slowing down " happened, i was reading some articles in Google and had Picasa (Google web Albums) installer running and Second Life Application. Please help me solve w/ problem!!! Can it be some internal problem? Can't take this SLOW MOTION anymore.... Thank you very much for any suggestion!!!

P.S: I've got MacBook Pro (Tiger) 10.4.11

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.