Installing Logic Studio on White Macbook

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking to install Logic Studio on my white Macbook with the following specs:

Hard Drive: 120 GB, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, Speed: 2.100 MHz
Memory (RAM): 4.000 GB

I wouldn't use Mainstage and don't expect to use many of the Loops, does anyone see any problems for me installing this?

Should I install it on an external hard drive or is 120GB fine?

This would be the sole purpose of my Macbook so I don't expect install many other applications.

Many thanks in advance folks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook4,1 2.4Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 160GB HD OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard | iPod Touch 16gb 2G
Havn't got Logic Studio myself (Cubase for me), but i believe the whole package is about 50gb with all the loops and everything. So i guess it depends how much free space you need for other things.

Don't know if you can, but maybe you should install the actual programs on the mac HD and all the loops on an external HD, as the loops will take up a lot of space. ;D

Mike

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi there. Many thanks for the info

Any Logic users out there who can shed a little light onto this theory?

Thanks!!

Reaction score
If you're concerned with space, why not upgrade to a larger hard drive?

500GB drives are available at affordable pricing now-a-days. There's even a 7,200RPM/500GB Hard drive that is about to be released by Seagate I believe.

The other option seems like a great idea if you already have an external drive on hand already.

Reaction score
I use logic myself. Great program! If space is your concern, then here's what I'd do: Install The program itself on your main drive, but install all of the loops on your external. Create/work with tunes on your main drive, save them on the external. Have fun!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.