Very strange event

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14" 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB DDR SDRAM/1st Gen 4GB Nano/2nd Gen 8GB Nano
The other day i put my ibook in my moms car so she could take it to her office but when she got there she left it in the car for 6 hrs then it was left in the car for about another 5 hrs later. Now im in Vermont and its december so its really cold. So what im saying is the mac was exposed to very cold temperature. I dont know if this would cause the event i have but it might have.

Also the day before i cleared my internet history

Now the problem. When i opened the mac when i got home i went onto the internet and all my settings were gone, all my favorites were gone, my homepage was apple which it wasnt before, and when i opened ichat it showed me the introduction like it was the first time i had opened the app also all my calendars on ical were gone. So now i made everything the way it was before.

So then when i went to bed that night i closed my mac. The next morning i opened it and my wallpaper was the default not what i had, and all my hotcorners were gone so then i just left the wallpaper and set hotcorners again. The later that day i closed it. When i came back and opened it the wallpaper was back to normal.

My guess is it might be a virus?
Or maybe something to do with the cold?

I would really appreciate some help on this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you or anybody else renamed your User folder, and how many User folders are there inside the User directory

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14" 1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 1GB DDR SDRAM/1st Gen 4GB Nano/2nd Gen 8GB Nano
yes i recently changed the user name
there is only one user well that i no of

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13.3" 2.4Ghz
dont know about your issue, but one thing is sure, cold cant make a machine fail, if anything, it would make it perform better.
maybe your mom accidentally dropped it? however hope u can fix it :Smirk:

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
actually my mom did drop a speaker on it a few months ago and it cracked the screen which is getting fixed now
im on my old windows :(
how would cold make it perform better

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 13.3" 2.4Ghz
actually my mom did drop a speaker on it a few months ago and it cracked the screen which is getting fixed now
im on my old windows :(
how would cold make it perform better

thats the whole point of having fans ..
how does a speaker being dropped on your old computer affect the new one... :|
are you implying ur mom might have been careless with ur macbook toO?
anyway hope u can fix it

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
no i dont have a new computer
my ibook was getting fixed
i had recently inherited it with a ton of stuff wrong with it my bro decided that he was going to get a new computer
so i still have my windows

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.