From my brand new...

Reaction score
Thats right!! You guessed it. From my brand new iBook. Posting this from it right now. I've been home for about 30 minutes and i've been able to get it hooked up at least to my Linksys router so I could get online. I have a TON to learn.

First question, is there a way to make the mousepad so you can tap to click??

Are there any online tutorials that would help me w/ getting started.

Best regards,
Tom

P

phatsew

I think the system preferences under the Apple menu should have an option for what you're looking for.

There are tutorials in OSX for basics. In the dock, there should be a spring-looking icon. Click there to get started. If you bought it brand new, you have a free trial of .Mac and there's a lot of tutorials on there.

Also, grab one of those "OSX Bible" books. Or, "The Missing Manual".

Of course, assuming by 'tutorials' you mean new with Mac OSX.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks. Thats exactly what I mean. I was able to find the trackpad prefs.
I'll try the .mac trial. I'm so excited. This is clean so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
As for your question about the trackpad:

Sidetrack

This little program will let you configure your trackpad for tapping, scrolling and much more, very cool. At least give the demo a try.

:bone:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
The app bar at the bottom, called the Dock can be configured by dragging and dropping application icons to it and to adjust the look just follow these:

prefbtn.jpg

prefdock.jpg

dockpref.jpg

clrdock.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 1.83GHz 2GB RAM
I downloaded ClearDock, and the App enhancer required for it, but for some reason the dock stays as it was no matter what I do. What should I be doing?
I'm running a 14" 1.33GHz G4 iBook by the way.
Thanks

M

meltbanana314

benjohnson said:
I downloaded ClearDock, and the App enhancer required for it, but for some reason the dock stays as it was no matter what I do. What should I be doing?
I'm running a 14" 1.33GHz G4 iBook by the way.
Thanks

Try quitting the dock using Process Viewer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.