• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Can anyone recommend a Outdoor Surveillance camera?

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever used a outdoor camera system with there iMac? I need on to catch some activity outside my house and need a good camera that is wireless and has night vision. any help is much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I'm going to resurrect this question instead of starting a new thread...

Does anyone recommend an outdoor hardwired security camera that is compatible with Homekit? I'm fine with it requiring a hub if necessary, just so long as I can ultimately use Homekit to control everything.

Preferences: 1080p or 2k, continuous recording (cloud or micro sd), can be hardwired to existing electrical box, under $100 per camera, works with Homekit, outdoor/weatherproof.

Doesn't need to have a spotlight as I am going to mount these under my existing motion-activated flood lights and daisy chain off their power supply. But it's ok if they do have a spotlight as long as they are under $100 each.

Thanks in advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.