GREAT switcher shirt idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Has anyone ever thought of having t-shirts with icons of like, IE, AOL, Windows XP, etc, on the front, and then on the back, "I survived." ? I just thought of it, and it would be so awesome to market to switchers.

M

meltbanana314

Good idea, but you *have* to include Clippy from MS Office. I don't know how many times I've had to subdue that unruly sodding paperclip from the workstations at school. Gah!

V

VastDeathmaster

How about this, a picture of 'Clippy' straightened out so you can open the CDrom drive :)

J

jessica

LOL @ VastDeathmaster!

Or you can take clippy and make him into an apple symbol with the word "Switched" on back.
;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
Few things on this Earth make me as angry as Clippy. :mad:

-Chris

M

meltbanana314

Clippy: "It looks like you're trying to get work done. Would you like me to hinder you in as many ways as possible?"

Me, holding up a Linux Live CD: "Don't make me do a rm -rf on your ***..."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
meltbanana314 said:
Clippy: "It looks like you're trying to get work done. Would you like me to hinder you in as many ways as possible?"

Me, holding up a Linux Live CD: "Don't make me do a rm -rf on your ***..."
yes, clippy is a reason many people turn to M$ alternatives, only to discover the alternatives are much better. My moms work even stopped using M$ office and bought some other software cause office sux so much.but that would be a cool shirt.

M

meltbanana314

Anyway - back on topic.

Add the Intel Inside logo (I always think of it as a warning symbol, so I find an AMD workstation elsewhere on campus)

The HP/Compaq logos (I *hate* HP more than I hate Microsoft, even)

The only bad part about all this is that these icons are copyrighted, meaning some possible legal trouble for whoever decides to make them.

V

VictoryRose

so i got really bored and threw this simplicity together.

front.jpg
back.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
VictoryRose said:
so i got really bored and threw this simplicity together.

front.jpg
back.jpg

I'd buy one as well, though I would suggest that the apple be larger or placed in a more obvious location so those that only catch a glimpse of the front side don't think we're reppin' those three programs. ;)

-Chris

V

VictoryRose

bassplayrr said:
I'd buy one as well, though I would suggest that the apple be larger or placed in a more obvious location so those that only catch a glimpse of the front side don't think we're reppin' those three programs. ;)

-Chris

agreed, too bad those logos are copyrighted. (sigh).

Reaction score
getting rich

considering my work is flying to Thailand and having t-shirts printed for resale in Italy i appreciate the ideas.keep them coming!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I think that's an awesome idea.. you could possibly alter the logos a bit, so that they were still recognizeable to those in the know.. that would probably get you out of the illegal area into a bit of gray area :)

OP
Meyvn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Holy crap. I've created a monster. I had no idea you guys would take the idea and run with it. I'm so proud. ;) Anyway, what do you guys think of putting together some designs, and then maybe doing a cafepress thing? (at the minimum price of course because this is going to be a community effort anyway and wouldn't be fair to make a profit). I was thinking, doing one for Mac users, with all the program icons together, then an Apple with iSurvived on back would be cool, like you guys have been doing (including AOL and maybe Windows Media Player would also be cool), and then one for Linux as well, and then individual application ones for Windows users who like Firefox and the like, with just "I survived." on the back. Additionally, if you want to avoid copyrighted logos altogether, you could do what Murlyn did, but taht'd be trouble. Perhaps using just the names in text would mean no logos, thus clearing that up altogether anyway. Also, honestly, if you just used Cafepress or a site like it, and made no profit from it, I don't really think they would go through the trouble of suing you anyway, and how could they sue you for money you weren't making off of their logos?

V

VictoryRose

Meyvn said:
Holy crap. I've created a monster. I had no idea you guys would take the idea and run with it. I'm so proud. ;) Anyway, what do you guys think of putting together some designs, and then maybe doing a cafepress thing? (at the minimum price of course because this is going to be a community effort anyway and wouldn't be fair to make a profit). I was thinking, doing one for Mac users, with all the program icons together, then an Apple with iSurvived on back would be cool, like you guys have been doing (including AOL and maybe Windows Media Player would also be cool), and then one for Linux as well, and then individual application ones for Windows users who like Firefox and the like, with just "I survived." on the back.

you might be on to something, although i don't know how many windows based shirts you will sell on this forum. you might to start the "We're Sorry Windows Users Fund", take donations, and then post on other forums.

OP
Meyvn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VictoryRose said:
you might be on to something, although i don't know how many windows based shirts you will sell on this forum. you might to start the "We're Sorry Windows Users Fund", take donations, and then post on other forums.
I know one community would be pretty into making fun of IE and AOL: Mozillazine forums. In fact, I may just give them this idea to see if they can figure out a way to make it work copyright-wise to gain funding for their work.

V

VictoryRose

Meyvn said:
I know one community would be pretty into making fun of IE and AOL: Mozillazine forums.

well, for what it's worth, i think you could make a killing in this forum on the iSurvive shirts.

OP
Meyvn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually, I think I may just run this idea by Apple and MoFo to see if they can come up with a fair way to do it without copyright infringement. I doubt they'll take the idea, and I'm not that interested in profit, really, so it'd probably just be better to open up a non-profit online store at Cafepress like I mentioned so the forum users here and at Mozillazine could get them relatively cheaply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.