• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

so what is it with

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external
most mac users going ape over a single click mouse?

i'm serious. in todays computing there is no room for a single click. when i'm gaming, like in WoW, i use the right click to move my toon left and right while the keyboard handles running and fighting.

its wasteful to have to hold the command key. you get killed if you have to use the command key to tie up your only click.

when browsing the web, if i wanna save a link, i use a right click. if i wanna open it in a new tab, i use right click.

the list goes on and on. so why do people hail the mighty mouse as some technological revolution? its the same one click it always has been. its dead.

and to be honest, the 12 dollar hp 4 button i got from walmart, works way better than the single button i got with my emac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
most mac users going ape**** over a single click mouse?

i'm serious. in todays computing there is no room for a single click. when i'm gaming, like in WoW, i use the right click to move my toon left and right while the keyboard handles running and fighting.

its wasteful to have to hold the command key. you get killed if you have to use the command key to tie up your only click.

when browsing the web, if i wanna save a link, i use a right click. if i wanna open it in a new tab, i use right click.

the list goes on and on. so why do people hail the mighty mouse as some technological revolution? its the same one click it always has been. its dead.

and to be honest, the 12 dollar hp 4 button i got from walmart, works way better than the single button i got with my emac.

Don't make presumptions. Go to system preferences>Keyboard& Mouse> Mouse> then there will be a diagram of a mouse. Click where it says primary button, then go to the drop down menu, and click secondary button. Right click is now on the mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
most mac users going ape**** over a single click mouse?

Problem solved?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
button? oh, yeah, that thing. i barely use it. i'm too busy two finger tapping and dragging on my macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iSight, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4 GHz, 2GB, 160GB HD.
button? oh, yeah, that thing. i barely use it. i'm too busy two finger tapping and dragging on my macbook.

Same here fella!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't make presumptions. Go to system preferences>Keyboard& Mouse> Mouse> then there will be a diagram of a mouse. Click where it says primary button, then go to the drop down menu, and click secondary button. Right click is now on the mouse.

fail. you then have no primary click.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

must not be a gamer then

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
here's another one, why does this get such quick responses, yet noone can tell my why imovie still cant import photos from iphoto?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
on a mac? no. on a pc, barely. i save that for the comfort of my couch and my PS3 - who wants to game at a desk? feh!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Import the files where? To an Email?

If you have the old Single Button Apple mouse then what was suggested above will not work. All the newer Apple mice are multi button. Get another mouse.

The person above that gave you the suggestion in the mouse control panel did not know you have a OLD Apple mouse. Like I said all Apple mice in the last few years now have multi buttons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Out of all honesty, I hardly ever use the "right-click" in OS X. With dragging/dropping being universal among the OS and apps, it just makes things easier. Really helps with multi-tasking and speeding up productivity.

If I need to right-click, I will (I use a Wacom tablet, so it's right there if need be), or I just use keyboard shortcuts for the most part.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Import the files where? To an Email?

If you have the old Single Button Apple mouse then what was suggested above will not work. All the newer Apple mice are multi button. Get another mouse.

The person above that gave you the suggestion in the mouse control panel did not know you have a OLD Apple mouse. Like I said all Apple mice in the last few years now have multi buttons.

like my post said, INTO IMOVIE FROM IPHOTO

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
like my post said, INTO IMOVIE FROM IPHOTO

Which version of iMovie? Might make a difference. I missed the imovie part while reading all your single button mouse post.

I just imported some pics into iMovie from iPhoto but I am still using iMovie 06 so do tell which version you have there.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
06 and 06

Interesting as that is what I am still using. Are you going to Media and then the photos tab? I can drag any photo into iMovie from there. Just tried it.

Picture 1.jpg

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Interesting as that is what I am still using. Are you going to Media and then the photos tab? I can drag any photo into iMovie from there. Just tried it.

gives me a parsing error from quicktime.

drag and drop works, but importing from iphoto doesnt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
most mac users going ape over a single click mouse?

Hmmmm. I'm not sure where you get your info from. I've been using a multi-button mouse on my Mac for over 10 years now. My current mouse is an MS Trackball 5 button mouse and I love it.

The last time I checked all of Apples mice are 2 button configurable as are the trackpads on all the laptops. Have you done any research or are you simply ranting out of pure ignorance?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmmm. I'm not sure where you get your info from. I've been using a multi-button mouse on my Mac for over 10 years now. My current mouse is an MS Trackball 5 button mouse and I love it.

The last time I checked all of Apples mice are 2 button configurable as are the trackpads on all the laptops. Have you done any research or are you simply ranting out of pure ignorance?

tired of people ranting and raving over stupid stuff like mighty mice.

i use a g4 powerbook. with an hp 4button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
tired of people ranting and raving over stupid stuff like mighty mice.

i use a g4 powerbook. with an hp 4button.

Personally, I hate the Might Mice, hence my use of the MS Trackball Mouse.

Using the G4 Powerbook might limit you on some things, like the right click. There are apps out there that will enable the right click with a tap and hold, I use one on my G4 iBook and it works fairly well when I'm not using a mouse (Logitech Trackball in that case).

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
gives me a parsing error from quicktime.

drag and drop works, but importing from iphoto doesnt.

I am in the middle of some work right now but try this URL. See if this info helps. If not let us know. I will do more testing later.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Import to iMovie from iPhoto QT Parse ...

On the whole trackpad thing with G4 Mac notebooks, I have the last iBook G4 12" and after an update in Leopard I now have 2 finger tapping to do right click just like the newer machines. Not sure if the older iBooks or Powerbooks will do the same thing, but this ibook does. It shocked me when I was in the mouse control panel one day and saw it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.