• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

so what is it with

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 MDD Dual 1.25 GHz, 1GB Ram, 80 Gig Hd, 200 Gig Hd; iMacDV 400Mhz 40GB 512Ram
The pre-iMac mice were okay, from there on out they've been crap. The hockey puck was the most uncomfortable piece of trash ever. Sure, it looked nice, but it didn't work very good, and was especially uncomfortable. The current shape works well, but the right click function leaves a lot to be desired. I use a logitech optical mouse, not sure of the model, but I like it a lot better than the apple mice that I occasionally use at the computer lab.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external
I am in the middle of some work right now but try this URL. See if this info helps. If not let us know. I will do more testing later.

Apple - Support - Discussions - Import to iMovie from iPhoto QT Parse ...

On the whole trackpad thing with G4 Mac notebooks, I have the last iBook G4 12" and after an update in Leopard I now have 2 finger tapping to do right click just like the newer machines. Not sure if the older iBooks or Powerbooks will do the same thing, but this ibook does. It shocked me when I was in the mouse control panel one day and saw it!

i wish someone would have posted that link before hand. seems my problems had to do with the copy to library option.... odd...

yes, the older ones support it, but after having been a longtime windows user, and a gamer on top of that, double tap just doesnt cut it for me.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i wish someone would have posted that link before hand. seems my problems had to do with the copy to library option.... odd...

you know, someone has gone well out of their way to be helpful, and you still have an attitude about it... you've been abrasive to say the least in this thread. perhaps you should rethink your plan of attack and remember there are people on the other side of these keyboards.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

yes, the older ones support it, but after having been a longtime windows user, and a gamer on top of that, double tap just doesnt cut it for me.

Well, I am glad I was able to help.

I agree that the double tap feature would not work for the games I play anyway! A real Mouse is the only way to go for gaming. Even on a PC laptop I don't get along with most trackpads while doing critical stuff and gaming.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you know, someone has gone well out of their way to be helpful, and you still have an attitude about it... you've been abrasive to say the least in this thread. perhaps you should rethink your plan of attack and remember there are people on the other side of these keyboards.

if you read it, you see that i was acknowledging my problem ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Before I sold my G4 Powerbook, I usd "iScroll."

As it didn't natively support track-pad scrolling, I had to use this. You can do vert/horizontal scrolling, as well as I had it set so that if I was resting 2 fingers on the trackpad, and clicked the mouse button, it would open the right-click context menu. Very cool app!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
This thread is a perfect example of how tone doesn't come through in text form which can make for terrible miscommunication.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This thread is a perfect example of how tone doesn't come through in text form which can make for terrible miscommunication.

aint that the truth lol

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
aint that the truth lol

That really happens even with me and some pretty close friends sometimes on the net. Sometimes it's hard to word things that everyone will understand the right way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.