wireless issue

Reaction score
My wife has a macbook and has had no problem connecting to the internet through our router until now. Our wireless network has always been password protected, but until this weekend she never had to re-enter the password. now she has to re-enter it every time she starts surfing the net. The only change was that she had used a wireless account at her parents house. She has used other wireless accounts (wifi hotspots etc) before and never had this issue. Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The latest update to OS X 10.5.6 made subtle changes to the AirPort drivers. I found this to be a problem on some wireless networks. What I did was to delete the problematic wireless networks from here:

System Preferences => Network => Select "Airport" in the left window pane => Click Advance button => Select the problematic network from the list => Click the "-" button.

Then simply reconnect to the network. Once that was done I haven't had a problem since.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.