• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Psystar Open Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
Is Psystar still selling their version of the Mac??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
As of now, they are.

I would refrain from discussing this on these boards though, as it's against the rules to discuss anything against Apple's EULA.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TiBook - 800MHz/1gb/30gb/combo/500gb external
notice he didnt say anything about hackintosh or relavant?

just asked if they did in fact still sell. pretty sure a vendor question is not taboo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Is Psystar still selling their version of the Mac??

That sounds like a direct Hackintosh question to me. There is no other company that LEGALLY can sell a computer running Mac OS, is there?

As it were, I was simply advising no further depth of the discussion, as what one sees as "non-taboo" could be a clear violation of the rules here by someone who matters...yannow?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Asked and answered. Thanks folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.