Just baught a IMAC G3 and i need your help

T

themrfats

I had bought a IMAC g3 via the internet, I had installed osx in my living room, and did all the updates pluged directly into my Cable modem, my problem is now that i've moved my computer into my room I can't get on the internet when im pluged into my router, i know i have a conection beacuse when i plug it into my Crapy PC that it conects, my roomate also has a MAC but he dosn't have problems conceting to the internet, i know its not the router beacuse if i unplug him he can get internet on all 4 ports,

What i need is help configuring the Internet, please help me...: )
I belive it is 10.2 or 10.1 not the newest one..

OP
M

mateo107

themrfats said:
I had bought a IMAC g3 via the internet, I had installed osx in my living room, and did all the updates pluged directly into my Cable modem, my problem is now that i've moved my computer into my room I can't get on the internet when im pluged into my router, i know i have a conection beacuse when i plug it into my Crapy PC that it conects, my roomate also has a MAC but he dosn't have problems conceting to the internet, i know its not the router beacuse if i unplug him he can get internet on all 4 ports,

What i need is help configuring the Internet, please help me...: )
I belive it is 10.2 or 10.1 not the newest one..

If you take a look in preferences, under network.. are you pulling an IP Address? You may need to set the Network settings back to TCP/IP DHCP again, if you had something else in there previously.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
also make sure that in network preferences that you are using the ethernet port and not the built in 56k modem as your main port., also, do you have the firewall on?

OP
T

themrfats

reinstalled osx 10.2 and still same problem will pick up on Ip if directly conected to cable modem but won't conect to the internet what do you think the problem is?

OP
M

mateo107

themrfats said:
reinstalled osx 10.2 and still same problem will pick up on Ip if directly conected to cable modem but won't conect to the internet what do you think the problem is?

by "internet" what do you mean? are you using IE or Safari? also, is the IP address that it's pulling in your Router/Cable Modem's correct range, or is it just pulling a bogus address?

if you reinstalled the OS and have the same problem, a s/w problem is fairly limited, may be a hardware problem?

OP
T

themrfats

mateo107 said:
by "internet" what do you mean? are you using IE or Safari? also, is the IP address that it's pulling in your Router/Cable Modem's correct range, or is it just pulling a bogus address?

if you reinstalled the OS and have the same problem, a s/w problem is fairly limited, may be a hardware problem?
thx taking into mac store to get it checked out tomaorw

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.