Intel iMac wireless keyboard on a G4 1.33 GHz PB does not work. Why?

Reaction score
I have this wireless keyboard because my wife doesn't use it on her intel iMac. It is one of those skinny little ones without the numberpad. Anyway if I fiddle with it enough the laptop catches a glimpse of it and then loses it and never offers up the syncing numbers to keep them in communication.

So what is going on here? Is there a patch or something to allow this new whizbang keyboard to hook up with this old timer PB?

A curious person wants to know!

kk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Keyboard and mouse software installed from the installation CD? If so what does Apple System profiler say? Paired whilst using the trackpad or a wired keyboard?

OP
F
Reaction score
Wireless KB and PB G4

I've been using the laptop's built in Keyboard and a wireless mouse while initiating the wireless keyboard. My son just showed up with his same wireless keyboard and the laptop would sync with it. I took mine into the Apple store earlier this evening and it synced up with one of their demo units. I have noticed that the keyboard green light, when powered up, stays on for a little bit then goes out and does not flash looking to pair up. It is odd that it behaves differently like that, any ideas??

kk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.