iphone vs blackberry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
Def go with the iPhone. I have had a couple curves in the past and they were pretty nice although I would never have a storm. Maybe the bold tho. But iPhone over either

Reaction score
What it boils down to for me is how important email and having a tactile keyboard is to you, vs other things (like web surfing, the app store, etc.). If all you really want is a 3G device primarily for phone and email, then a BB is a great choice - esp. the Bold.

If you want to use the device as a web surfing tool, doing multimedia, music, games, etc., then the iPhone is the better choice. I think typing long emails on the iPhone screen is a pain but you get somewhat used to it). Also, some companies don't support email on the iPhone. Regardless, the BB keyboard is better to me. But on every other aspect, I think the iPhone is a better device. Certainly a cooler one ... :)

Reaction score
there are add-ons that help mitigate some issues on both device -- touchtype lite gives you landscape typing for email on the iphone (free app); and BBSmart makes an app for Bberry that gives you html email viewing (but it costs).

Seems like iPhone is more easily poised to surpass Bberry with just a few software improvements (keyboard improvement -- primarily native landscape; email attachments, etc.). They just need to do it.

Reaction score
in iphones vs. the storm the big thing for me was the difference in the touch screens response... the iphones touch screen is still extremely better than any other phones touch screen in my opinion so far

Reaction score
there are add-ons that help mitigate some issues on both device -- and BBSmart makes an app for Bberry that gives you html email viewing (but it costs).

You can view html emails with the new Blackberry OS. No need for BBSmart.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2GHtz, 2Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD. 16Gb iPT Jailbroken.
I've played with the storm and it has a lot of issues. Navigation is really slow compared to the iPhone as well as the browser (for things like zooming in on a page). Even though the Storm has a higher res screen, the video playback on the iPhone is much better. People say the storm has a lot of basic features the iPhone lacks, but the storm is lacking certain basics as well like wifi (and is it even 3G?) Stereo bluetooth I can do without unless someone finally makes bluetooth headphones I would actually use in public. The click screen is terrible and slows down typing a lot: a solution to a problem that never existed. I've never found the lack of tactile response on my iPhone to be problematic. Also Apple's App Store will be superior to anything Blackberry puts out for a long time.

All in all the Storm is a good device and a good option for people stuck with Verizon, but the iPhone is still the champ IMHO despite its continuing lack of standard features.

Two things.
Wi-fi isn't really a basic feature, only really premium handsets have this.
And the Storm has HSDPA same as the iPhone 3G.

I have to agree with everything else though.

It really comes down to the touch screen, battery life, e-mail, camera and app store. Depends on what you what to do with the phone in the end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 Ghz 4GB RAM 120GB HDD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Shuffle 1GB, BB 8130
Hi guys, I know I am probably asking for trouble here as this is obviously a Mac site but I would love to get opinions.

I was about to get an iphone in the next few days. But a friend started telling me about the Blackberry, which I have never considered before, and its sounds pretty good. I haven never really looked at them and I know I could check it out on the internet but just wondered if anyone had maybe used both or had looked at the pros and cons of both before?

The other thing I wondered was if I was to get the iphone now, how likely wil it be that they will unveil another better model in 6 months or so. Have there been any rumours or news?

Thanks very much for any info/help! :D

My dads got the 3G, I've got a Pearl and my brothers got a Curve.

Overall, I'd take my Pearl, but its personal preference. The iPhone to me is an amazing device - but its essentially an iPod with phone worked in. The Blackberry is the opposite. Consider what you're looking for. A multimedia device (iPod, Photo, Video, etc) or something more based around a phone? They both do the same things but one does one better. For example, the internet is better on the iPhone yet the e-mail is better on the Blackberry. These two devices are marketed towards different people, so you just need to decide which one of the two you are.

Edit: My friend has a Storm. Amazing device. Great internet, used it today at lunch to check my internet e-mail. Don't hesitate, all the bugs/problems are fixed in the newer OS update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4g, 4gb Ram | iPod Touch 8GB
i have the blackberry pearl (flip 8220) and absolutely love it. it sync's up pretty good with my iMac using pocketmac, and the call quality plus the added email etc is just superior. i have the iPod touch, and it would seem a bit fragile(?) to use as a phone, i.e. shove it in a pocket and knock it around a bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Black MacBook 160GB HD 2GB RAM
No contest...iPhone hands down!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8 core 2.8GHz 14GB RAM, Geforce 8800GT, Dell 3008WFP
I was agonising over this decision for some months however I bought a Blackberry Storm in the end.

My reasons for doing so were:
-Lack of MMS on the iPhone - I have a young son and it's nice to see what he's up to when I'm at work

-Lack of push notification for 3rd party apps (promised but apparently not yet delivered) so you can't run IM clients in the background I understand it.

-You must load all your content with iTunes (I want to keep some content formatted for the device, out of my iTunes library so it's not on the Apple TVs we have around the house)

When these change I'll be first in the queue for an iPhone because it's drop dead gorgeous. Admittedly, I'd go with 2 out of 3 as the iTunes for content loading isn't likely to change anytime soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.