a total newbie to mac is totaly lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
thanks for opening this

I was a pc user for the 10 years and and on a verry limited budget,I have been given a Imac with a 500 mhz procesor and osx 10.2 installed on it.The problem with the mac is it still has alot of the persons info on it.
Now being a old pc user ,(and to use their lingo),Id like to put a fresh copy of osx on it ,theirfore eliminating all the old users junk and settings.Now being a old pc user i downloaded a 4 cd version from a torrent of osx 10.4,made a bootable disk using nero 8 of the first cd,pluged it in ,restarted the mac and pressed the option key to get to the boot devices menu ,and the only option i am seing is the hard drive.The 4 cd version of osx are dmg files.
do i just have pc users onesided thinking?or am i on the right track?

PLEASE HELP ME

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
It will be a lot easier if you have the original CDs instead of a pirated version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Why not do the right thing and pay 100 for OS/X?
I don't think anybody here wants to help a pirate.

Just because you are on a "limited budget" does not give you the right to steal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
We don't discuss, promote or assist in piracy here.
Read the forum rules.
Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.