Help me choose!

Reaction score
I have been a PC user all of my life, and have decided to convert to Macintosh.

I have a Dell Latitude that I use for work, and a desktop PC that I use at home.

I just recently had my first child, and feel that having a Macintosh for his pictures, home videos, music, sufing the Internet etc. would be best for me, since my desktop at home is quite dated. I'm in need for a new machine now.

Not sure if I want/need an imac, new macbook, or even that last gen macbook pro.

Besides considering a remote possibility that I might want to use the new machine downstairs in the family room or even at my local Starbucks, I can't decide.

Help me choose, I want to order something tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I'd say a 15" MBP or 17" will serve you well. It can be used as a desktop replacement, and still be somewhat mobile..the 17" that is. ^-^"

OP
B
Reaction score
Help me choose

I have been a PC user all of my life, and have decided to convert to Macintosh.

I have a Dell Latitude that I use for work, and a desktop PC that I use at home.

I just recently had my first child, and feel that having a Macintosh for his pictures, home videos, music, sufing the Internet etc. would be best for me, since my desktop at home is quite dated. I'm in need for a new machine now.

Not sure if I want/need an imac, new macbook, or even that last gen macbook pro.

Besides considering a remote possibility that I might want to use the new machine downstairs in the family room or even at my local Starbucks, I can't decide.

Help me choose, I want to order something tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
*Note - Duplicate Threads merged. No need to post the exact same thread 2 times in 2 different forums. *

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you want to be able to use it around the house in different rooms and possibly take it to starbucks, then for sure get a Notebook.

For the very basic things you are going to use it for, even a Macbook would suffice. The new 15" MBP would also be nice but at a higher cost. With an iMac you are tied to a desk in one room.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.