adding wireless to imac G5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
I am about to get me a iMac G5 but it doesnt have wireless card or bluetooth in it and i've done some searching here on the forum and was wondering if i can add them to the imac easily or is this something that can only be done from the factory? also what is the largest hard drive space they support? internal.

thanks
matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can not add Bluetooth on your own but AirPort is very easy to install. I think you can add any HD as long as it is SATA

Reaction score
You can get USB bluetooth later on. It's just a 1 inch USB thing that plgus into ur mac and works as bluetooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
trpnmonkey41 said:
You can not add Bluetooth on your own but AirPort is very easy to install. I think you can add any HD as long as it is SATA

really? :bone:

does that mean i can add a 400 GB HD? cuz that would be kewl :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
If you can find a 400gb SATA HD i see no reason why it wouldn't work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
As the others have already stated, you can not add an internal bluetooth yourself later (though you can just add a USB one) but the AirPort is unbelievably easy to add. Heck, the instructions on how to do so are actually printed on the inside of the back panel of the computer. Removing the back panel is even easier (just rotate three cam-locks on the bottom of the computer counter-clockwise; they look like philips head screws, but are infact cam-locks). I'd say it'd take you maybe 5 min. to install the airport.
-Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen
trpnmonkey41 said:
If you can find a 400gb SATA HD i see no reason why it wouldn't work

now thats awesome.... :cool:

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook
Thanks guys, was just maken sure that i could, so there is no way of doing internal bluetooth at all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
mdavis71 said:
Thanks guys, was just maken sure that i could, so there is no way of doing internal bluetooth at all?

If you could get ahold of one, I suppose you may be able to. The primary problem is that unlike the AirPort which is a nice little plug and play module that snaps into a little slot, the bluetooth is a little naked silocon board that I don't believe is for sale anywhere and would seem pretty difficult to install.

-Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.