iChat and yahoo?

V

VastDeathmaster

My primary email is through Yahoo. iChat only works with .Mac and AIM. I am currently using Yahoo Messenger because of this. I have tried Fire and though it works, it is not as nice as Yahoo.

I was wondering if iChat will ever be made to work with other IMs.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I doubt it will. iChat has been AIM/ICQ/.mac since its inception and will most likely stay that way

OP
M

meltbanana314

I prefer iChat and Yahoo Messenger instead of Fire/Adium because the former applications actually work with webcams.

Open source messenger clients suck. Badly. Gaim w/ video is in the works for Linux but I lack the needed compiler for it.

OP
P

phatsew

I love Adium. It has trouble with file xfers, but after they iron that out I think it will be the best IM client ever developed. It is so customizable.

However, I have never had a webcam, so I am ignorant to Adium's ease with one.

OP
V

VastDeathmaster

phatsew said:
I love Adium. It has trouble with file xfers, but after they iron that out I think it will be the best IM client ever developed. It is so customizable.

However, I have never had a webcam, so I am ignorant to Adium's ease with one.

I was looking into Adium. I agree that it is very customizable. It's even nice that they have their own forum. That's where it says [we know you want video, we are looking into it, but don't hold your breath] or something like that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.