10.5.6 Energy Saver Preferences

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15,4" MBP 2,4 GHz, 2MB RAM, 250 GB HDD (Seagate aftermarket), Leopard, Logitech V470.
After 10.5.6 update, choice of Energy Saver presets (Power Adapter, Battery, Custom etc) have gone missing from taskbar (see pic).
Any idea of how to get them back a I relly don't want to open Energy Saver preferences often (I tend to switch between them quite often) ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Im interested as well, this was the first change in the update I saw and I want them back as much as you do!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
I just noticed this. Then I came onto the forum and saw this. I can't seem to find anything in Apple's Help menu. We all need your help, all knowing Mac-forums!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15,4" MBP 2,4 GHz, 2MB RAM, 250 GB HDD (Seagate aftermarket), Leopard, Logitech V470.
Open new topic for that.
Why cant people stick to original topic? It's about Energy Saver settings in 10.5.6!!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Another user here at Mac Forums has had the same exact issue. I am sure for some reason Apple removed it from the taskbar. From what I hear many are complaining so maybe it will return in the future. Will check around and see if anyone found a way around it.

Reaction score
Same problem with me

I've reported it to ADC, hope they will fix it in the future.

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I've been reading around and my energy saver preferences are all together gone. The pane for it in the system preferences window is completely gone. No one has yet to think of a solution. Other than that, the macbook runs well. :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.