Anything like the "Fractalius" Photoshop plug-in for mac??

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chas_m

It's more than a little ridiculous that this developer won't "port" the plug-in to the platform 50% of Photoshop users use, particularly given that (as I understand it), to make an Intel-only Mac-compatible Photoshop plug-in takes no real effort from a Windows one. There's even a petition going.

Still, it's his choice of course. Hopefully people will write in and point out the obvious, that he's missing out on sales because of the attitude. Maybe that will motivate him.

In terms of alternatives, I don't personally know of anything exactly like Fractalius, but Filterforge is similarly priced for the Basic version of the product, and has many many more filters: Filter Forge - Photoshop Plugin to Create Your Own Filters

Reaction score
Fractilius for Mac, kinda.

I've been hoping for the same thing for the last couple years. I've found a workaround using Topaz Clean 3 to get a fractilius-like effect. Cool part is it's pretty cheap as far as plugins go.

I wrote an article about using Clean 3 to replicate fractilus on a mac on my blog here if you're interested:

*Fractilius for Mac!? «

I know this may come across as spamming, but I figured I'd share how I have come to remedy the unwillingness of redfield to release fractilius for mac for those of us who may want to play with an edge manipulation plugin to get similar results.

Cheers,

Tyson

Reaction score
hey

Hey i wish i knew that question too it looks cool but i got Mac their nothing for us i think we miss out on qiute alot stuff

C

chas_m

No, we don't "miss out on a lot of stuff" unless you include viruses, frustration and data loss ... there are a few key areas where Macs aren't as strong as PCs for sure, but in most of those cases there's nothing wrong with that. I'd hate to live in a world where there was only Apple (but I'd hate to live in a world where there was only Windows worse. :))

Reaction score
re: "Fractalius" plug-in

If anyone is still interested, I found an app for Ipad/Iphone that does the fractalius effect very nicely...it is called "Tangled FX". I don't know if the original creator of fractalius had a hand in it or not, but it is very easy to use, and the outcome is quite satisfactory. I installed it on my ipad and have been pleased with the ability to make adjustments, as well as the various pre-sets available. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.